Jacqueline Brand-Holt - Curriculum Vitae
*I have not held a titled position for this skill but I do have a mass of relevant experience
- 2015 & 2016 Artists Open Studios Whanganui Event- developing budgets, getting quotes, planning, coordinating, relationship building and liaising as Coordinator, Trustee and Treasurer.
- Creative Therapies Association of Aotearoa (CTAA)- 12 Professional Development Workshops (2011-2014) and a 2 day ANZATA /CTAA Creative Arts Therapies Symposium 2013 (including International Professionals) - I organised budget, bookings, registrations, timetabling sessions and room allocations, email and social media communications, and catering. I am currently the Treasurer and Membership Secretary of the CTAA
- 5 Art exhibitions and a 3 day Eco-Arts Festival 2008 in Maraetai South Auckland – planning, liaising, coordinating, promoting. I was President and later Treasurer of the Coast & Country Arts Collective 2006-2012.
- Worked as part of the first International Arts Biennale 1995 in Johannesburg – as an installation assistant and gallery attendant
Partnership Development w/ Funding Agencies & Sponsors
- I have worked with Te Puru Community Sports Trust to generate arts funding applications which were successful and funded the Eco-Arts Festival in 2008. This included mainly pub charities, community and cultural funding under Manukau City Council and the local Rotary.
- Successfully applied for Creative Communities funding under the Manukau City Council to fund a mural project for the Beachland’s Volunteer Fire Brigade 2007
- In 2007 I successfully campaigned to get the Manukau City Council to release funds to save a community arts facility which involved repiling and levelling the whole building plus further refurbishment. This was more than $40,000.00 worth of work. This is now a thriving community facility run by the Beachlands Communty Trust
- 2015 & 2016 directly involved with the marketing planning and delivery for both these years with Artists Open Studios Whanganui. Advertising placements and costs 2015 and more on the Press Release and Social Media side 2016
- CTAA is a national organisation for Creative Arts Therapy Professionals and interested Public- mainly we use Email partnering with similar organisations to share through their email systems. We also use Social Media plus our Website for communications.
- For the Coast & Country Arts Collective most of our communications were done through focused editorial campaigns using local newspapers and limited blogging for special projects.
- As an Artist I have developed a very low cost Website, Social Media, E-Commerce structure to support my own global presence.
- 1998-1999 E Channel Music TV – I was a part of three roster teams of 5 people who produced on 8 hour shifts live music television with presenters 16 hours a day 7 days a week. My main duties were as VJ (Video Jockey) and taking calls from viewers. This was an analogue channel that broadcast Cape Town to Cairo in Africa.
People Organisation, Administration & Management Skills
- My recent post graduate expressive therapies training includes group facilitation and conflict resolution.
- I have been Trustee, Treasurer, President, Membership Secretary and general organiser in the volunteer and non profit sector for over ten years.
- Staff Trainer (2005-2006) and Weekend Retail Manager (2003-2005) at Gordon Harris Art Supplies
Financial Budgeting and Bookkeeping Skills
- Treasurer AOSW Trust, Treasurer CTAA, Treasurer Coast & Country Arts Collective 2005-2016
- Retail Manager responsible for balancing the till end of day 2003-2005
- Accounts Payable and Receivable – Draw Art Supplies art wholesaler 2002-2003
Computer Proficiency including an understanding of Graphics and Spreadsheets.
- Certificate in Graphic Design 1999 Johannesburg (Photoshop and HTML)
- I am proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
2009-2010 AUT –Postgraduate Diploma in Health with Expressive Therapies (NZQA level 9)
1996-1998 University of Johannesburg –National Diploma in Fine Art (NZQA level 6)
1999 Fifth Dimension College of Design –Certificate in Graphic Design (not just digital computer design it included concepts of advertising, branding, and basic raw web building)